• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
Hi everyone,

My name is Holly! Currently live in the beautiful and hot (its dry heat guys...:p) Las Vegas, Nevada. I really wanted to join an online community this time around because I had VSG back in 2018 with no support or help and its been a struggle. (I had a outpatient sleeve procedure and only 1 follow up from my Doctor after) I am quite thankful have lost over 100lbs but I still have a ways to go. For me, bariatric surgery/weight loss is 80% mental and without support, I tend to make bad decisions or get unmotivated. I am far from perfect but I would love to find a group where I can be supported as well as help others. In the past I have talked to "friends" who have had a bariatric procedure and it felt like a competition and there was no sincerity. I want to have truthful unfiltered conversations about the struggles and successes. I can't wait to meet you all and hear your stories!

Attachments

• beforeafter1.jpg
    beforeafter1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 106
Welcome Holly, you've come to the right place. This is by far the best bariatric group that I've been a part of. Everyone has been very nice, supportive, and also "tells it like it is." There is real support here. Questions are always welcome as well as both scale and non-scale victory celebrations. There no competition. We are all in this together!

Welcome! This is a great group. I’m preop, still a couple appointments to go until I’m scheduled for gastric bypass. Really excited and ready for this. We’re a pretty supportive group, and I hope you can find the help you need here. Also, your pictures are fantastic!

Welcome, Holly. I have to say that Holly is one of my favorite names and in fact I named my Border Collie Holly. Holly the collie. And she was a beautiful dog who really deserve the name Holly. So I automatically like you.;)

And congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are doing great.

You will find exactly what you're looking for here because, like you, we are all far from perfect. But we do know a lot of things because we know what happened to us. We won't be giving you any medical advice but please feel free to stroll through the archives and notice how many of our posts echo your questions and comments.

I have never seen the slightest hint of competition among our members. We are all supporting each other and when you have a victory, it's our victory too.

Is there is there one particular thing you need right this very moment? Feel free to ask for it. You can bet you will get at least a dozen answers from our membership. There are a lot of people here, some of whom really just read and don't comment. But there's a core group of people who always comment and we are ready for your questions and to listen to your experiences.

Again, welcome to your group.

Welcome! This is a great group. I’m preop, still a couple appointments to go until I’m scheduled for gastric bypass. Really excited and ready for this. We’re a pretty supportive group, and I hope you can find the help you need here. Also, your pictures are fantastic!
That's so exciting!! Im about to get a revision to from sleeve to bypass on 8/10! When is your date and how are you feeling?

Welcome, Holly. I have to say that Holly is one of my favorite names and in fact I named my Border Collie Holly. Holly the collie. And she was a beautiful dog who really deserve the name Holly. So I automatically like you.;)

And congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are doing great.

You will find exactly what you're looking for here because, like you, we are all far from perfect. But we do know a lot of things because we know what happened to us. We won't be giving you any medical advice but please feel free to stroll through the archives and notice how many of our posts echo your questions and comments.

I have never seen the slightest hint of competition among our members. We are all supporting each other and when you have a victory, it's our victory too.

Is there is there one particular thing you need right this very moment? Feel free to ask for it. You can bet you will get at least a dozen answers from our membership. There are a lot of people here, some of whom really just read and don't comment. But there's a core group of people who always comment and we are ready for your questions and to listen to your experiences.

Again, welcome to your group.
You're so sweet and yes I am an animal lover/dog lover so I don't mind at all! My sister actually named me...I believe after a soap opera actress from the 90s. haha I appreciate the support and I'm very excited to talk to you all!

Welcome Holly, you've come to the right place. This is by far the best bariatric group that I've been a part of. Everyone has been very nice, supportive, and also "tells it like it is." There is real support here. Questions are always welcome as well as both scale and non-scale victory celebrations. There no competition. We are all in this together!
Hey! Thanks for the support! Can't wait to get to know everyone!

That's so exciting!! Im about to get a revision to from sleeve to bypass on 8/10! When is your date and how are you feeling?
I don’t have a date yet, very excited to get one. On one hand I’m frustrated because I’ve been doing this since January and my insurance changed requirements in March which added more appointments. On the other hand I’m really looking forward to the surgery because I’ve been wanting it for YEARS lol

I completely understand. Just remember, it'll be worth it in the end. Also I feel like the insurance companies do what they can to make you just give up and they count on that! I literally have been trying to get a revision since December 2019 because I get horrible acid reflux after my sleeve. I had to go though EDG, barium swallow and countless other tests...some I had to do more then once like blood work because they didn't order the write blood work. Its been hell. At least this give you time to prepare and buy things you need too!

Back