• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

ellis3350

I had Gastric Bypass 06/29/09. It was the best decision I ever made. Not just for myself but for my husband and kids. After 3 years I'm holding steady around 145-150. I weighed 286 lbs when I started the whole process. I hope whoever reads this and is thinking about the surgery, knows how this changes your life forever.
The first week after surgery was the hardest of my life and I thought maybe it was the wrong decision because the pain I was in. But after getting back to work after just a month, I can't believe I had those thoughts. I would do it again for sure. ;)

Diana Ellis - Columbus, Ohio
Fresh Start Bariatrics at Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Ohio.

Hi, Diana, I just had the gastric bypass on Sept 10, 2012. I feel pretty good. I wasn't that far over 200. But my bloodpressure, chlosterol was just awful. My husband wasn't for me having it done but I've tried everything over the years and nothing has helped. I've lost 10 lbs in the last week . It's kinda tough not eating but I'm getting there. This a pretty good forum to get into people that have had surgery helping those thinking about it. I told my pcp that it was gonna be a big change but he said it was gonna be new lifestyle. You've done a good job on losing and maintaining and your health is great. Keep telling of your progress or ideas you might have for the rest of us just beginning the journey. Thanks Diana

Hi Diana, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss for over 3 years! I have a question for you--- how many calories per day do you consume? Pre-surgery, a woman can consume about 1800 calories and maintain what she has. Does this change after surgery? I'm thinking metabolic changes. Thanks!

Back