• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new here! :)

Annaellsbury731

Hello everyone!my name is Anna and I'll be having surgery around the end of June early july. My question is how many of you guys had surgery in one state and lived in another. My surgeon is 3 1/2 hours away and I'll be his first to live so far away. He will give me cummidin for the ride home. If anyone has gone through this what should I expect? Thanks!

Hello everyone!my name is Anna and I'll be having surgery around the end of June early july. My question is how many of you guys had surgery in one state and lived in another. My surgeon is 3 1/2 hours away and I'll be his first to live so far away. He will give me cummidin for the ride home. If anyone has gone through this what should I expect? Thanks!

WELCOME Anna to the Forum!!!

I live in the same state as my surgeon but 2 hours away. There were closer surgeons but I chose this doctor based on his record and 5 star patient satisfaction.

3 1/2 hours is a very long way but I wouldn't think riding that far after surgery would be all that bad. Take a pillow or two with you for the trip. Laparoscopic surgery is not as painful as regular surgery. Be sure you get pain pills for the trip and don't take them on an empty stomach.

Good Luck!!!

Cheyenne

Back