• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

Hi! My name is Sheila and I am 4 years post op and having a few problems with compulsive eating for no reason I can detect. I thought maybe some support will get me back on track and to stay there. I hope to meet a lot of new people and be supportive!!

Hi! My name is Sheila and I am 4 years post op and having a few problems with compulsive eating for no reason I can detect. I thought maybe some support will get me back on track and to stay there. I hope to meet a lot of new people and be supportive!!
Welcome. I know when things are unexplainable it makes it less comprehensive. But...if you could compulsively eat a celery stick or some such instead of whatever would cause the weight gain, I will pray that that is so. (I haven't the slightest idea what I'm talking about) but I really want to be there for you. I always preferred kool-aid over food, so it's hard for me to find advice. If there is anything I can say that would give you an epiphany, I will. Again welcome.

Welcome! Just looking over your stats you've lost 170 lbs. - congrats! That is awesome! I have been primarily liquids for what feels like forever and I find myself wanting to chew something...not sure that comes close to compulsively eating..anyway, I bought a basket stand and filled it with some fruits and veggies so that I could put the good stuff in front of my face to help stop the temptation to reach for just anything when I want something. I also cleaned out my freezer and stocked it full of sugar free popsicles, frozen fruits and veggies. I moved all the junk to either the trash or the deep freeze so it was out of sight as well. Maybe these tips could help, maybe not, but either way I believe you can get back on track and stay there!

Welcome Sheila. Congrats on your tremendous weight loss. I'm sorry you are struggling. I too suffer from compulsive eating and I am only 9 months out. I wish I had a magic cure. What I am concentrating on is really trying to decide if I am eating because I am hungry. If I'm not, I try to hold firm in not eating or eating something healthy like a veggie. Preferably not eating though. It is hard as I'm sure you are doing this, but we can be strong!

Hello, we have a great group of men and women here who will be very supportive, we all have our issues that we are working through, welcome aboard

Back