• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

goincampen

Hi anyone reading, new here. I am reaching out, it has been 2 years and 3 months since my surgery. I have been doing well but pretty much the last year (thanks pandemic and foot surgery) I have been struggling to get the last of my weight off. I was down to 171 only 10 pounds from losing all 100 that was my goal and now I am back to 180. I am trying to see if anyone has any tricks or tips to help me get back on plan. I think just being open about the struggle is helpful. I have a slider food, chips and I am cutting them back out of my life. I am using Lent as a catalyst to take things back out of my eating that have crept back in. I also started dating and he is a big foodie and great cook. He has done well understanding that I shouldn't eat a lot but sometimes I find it very hard to say no.

Hi anyone reading, new here. I am reaching out, it has been 2 years and 3 months since my surgery. I have been doing well but pretty much the last year (thanks pandemic and foot surgery) I have been struggling to get the last of my weight off. I was down to 171 only 10 pounds from losing all 100 that was my goal and now I am back to 180. I am trying to see if anyone has any tricks or tips to help me get back on plan. I think just being open about the struggle is helpful. I have a slider food, chips and I am cutting them back out of my life. I am using Lent as a catalyst to take things back out of my eating that have crept back in. I also started dating and he is a big foodie and great cook. He has done well understanding that I shouldn't eat a lot but sometimes I find it very hard to say no.

Hi Goin - welcome to the group! What kind of surgery did you have?

It seems like you're on the right path. I think we all struggle with things during this journey. Seeing it and knowing you need to address it is half the battle!

Congratulations on your weight loss success!! Losing 90 pounds is no small feat! You're AWESOME!!

Are you able to reach out to your surgical team/doctor that did your WLS? If so, I'd suggest starting with them. If you're not able to reach out to them - there are A LOT of wonderful, caring, supportive people here. Browse through the older posts/threads - you can even search for specific topics.

Saying "NO" is a choice. You made a choice to reach out to the group. You made a choice to have WLS. We make choices every day. Make the right choices that are best for you and life.

You may also want to consider trying the 5 day pouch test.

You can do this!!

Welcome! Congrats on your success! It sounds like you’ve found someone great, and you’re really taking an interest in his interests. One thing y’all could do together is plan meals that fit his style of cooking and your protein needs without or low carbs. Are you doing meal planning for yourself? What helped you the most at the beginning? Remember how you got to where you are and pick out the most successful things you were doing and reimplement them if you’ve stopped.

Hi, Goin. Welcome to the group. I like the idea of the pouch reset, although I really wish they would call it something else! lol I also am a HUGE proponent of measuring and tracking your intake, both food and water. Doing one, or better yet, both of those things can help you get back into the weight loss mindset that you were in right after surgery. Also, since you have someone who loves food and is a great cook, you have a great opportunity to let him know the things you can eat and he can tasty them up for you!

Welcome Goin! I don't really have anything more to add that wasn't already said but I think it is cool that you are dating someone who loves to cook. You know there are many creative recipes out there that lightened up and perhaps he would be willing to cook some of those. Have you ever checked in to the Skinnytaste cookbook collection? They also have a website with lots of healthier recipes. Here is one I made last year pre-surgery when I was starting to cut down on my food. It's more than I can eat now and that was a luncheon plate not a diner plate!
Click here for recipe. I changed it slightly and used basil instead of cilantro and left out the jalapenos, served on a bed of quinoa.

Back