• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

No it won’t be till December. However I have a ekg, chest X-ray and blood work done already. How about you?
I’m finishing up the last of my referrals tomorrow. I find out surgery date ate Sept. I’m anxious! Excited too
No it won’t be till December. However I have a ekg, chest X-ray and blood work done already. How about you?
Just had my psych eval and did great. Now it's last meeting with surgeon and setting up surgery. I can't wait!

Speaking of psych evals, here's a really rich government abstract about all the aspects and motivations found there:

"The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of the critical domains assessed during the psychological evaluation of candidates for bariatric surgery. Although no formal standard exists in the literature, there is growing recognition of the important elements to be addressed and the appropriate means for collecting the necessary data to determine psychological readiness for these procedures. Information regarding the components of the clinical interview and the specific measures used for psychological testing are discussed. Given the limited data on predicting success after surgery, determining psychological contraindications for surgery is addressed. Additionally, the multiple functions served by the psychologist during this assessment procedure are highlighted along with the value of this procedure in the patients' preparation for surgery...

Have you had surgery yet? If so, what kind? My bariatric team had educational classes that discussed nutrition post-surgery including very specific instructions on the types of vitamins we needed as we progressed through our healing process.

Mine required chewable "flintstones" type for the 1st month. After that we needed adult vitamins, calcium citrate, b12, and other supplements for gastric bypass patients. I never used bariatric vitamins. Other than prescription iron and weekly d2, all of mine are Kroger's generic vitamins, usually on sale for bogo free.

Good luck with your journey.

I used Flintstones at first, but I read the nutritional info on the side panel, and then compared other chewables. They didn't vary that much. I'm really lucky to be able to get my nutritional supplements at Trader Joe's. Their selection is great and I chew two of the women's formula high-potency tabs every day, as well as chewable Vitamin C, gel tabs of D and sublingual B complex, among other things. You'll develop your own routine as you go along, but do consult with a nutritionist.

I was told no Flintstones or other as well. Reasoning was your body can only absorb a fixed amount of vitamin so getting 100% at once is not going to take. Also bypass patients absorb faster (therefore less) to begin with. I take a bariatric chewable 4x's per day. My husband had the sleeve and takes 2 a day.

Back