• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New, in my 60's

Shirleyd

Hi, I am just starting my journey. I have finally decided to do the sleeve surgery. My husband has given me the go ahead as we will have to pay 100% of the cost.
Can anyone give me and pros and cons of your decisions?
I understand and fully acknowledge that this is only a tool. I just don't want to be disappointed in myself for making poor choices.
YOU ARE IN YOUR 60S LIKE ME AND I'M TRYING TO MAKE UP MY MIND ANY WORDS OF INCOURGEMENT MY SON THINKS I'M TO OLDBUT I'M REALLY TIRED OF LOOKING AND FEELING SO BAD ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE IN THERE 60S

Hello: I am new to this group. I can really identify with what you both are saying I am just six weeks post op from the gastric sleeve and have nausea most days and wonder if it will ever go away. I do not have much energy as I do not think I am getting enough protein and am also only able to get in about 300 t0 400 calories a day. I used to walk 2 miles a day before surgery and now I am lucky if I can get a half mile in. I am also getting tired of the pureed diet and have my six week follow up next week! I have lost about 25 pounds, but feel I should be losing more I am not sure if this is normal or not.
I am sure both of you are on the right track. Even though I have set backs with feeling nauseated, I still feel I made the right choice. As they say trust your gut. :) It is hard when you do not have a support system to help you through these issues. We were supposed to have a group in my area of Northern Michigan but it disbanded. Any ideas? The closed one now is 3 hours away.

Hello: I am new to this group. I can really identify with what you both are saying I am just six weeks post op from the gastric sleeve and have nausea most days and wonder if it will ever go away. I do not have much energy as I do not think I am getting enough protein and am also only able to get in about 300 t0 400 calories a day. I used to walk 2 miles a day before surgery and now I am lucky if I can get a half mile in. I am also getting tired of the pureed diet and have my six week follow up next week! I have lost about 25 pounds, but feel I should be losing more I am not sure if this is normal or not.
I am sure both of you are on the right track. Even though I have set backs with feeling nauseated, I still feel I made the right choice. As they say trust your gut. :) It is hard when you do not have a support system to help you through these issues. We were supposed to have a group in my area of Northern Michigan but it disbanded. Any ideas? The closed one now is 3 hours away.

Hello, I am also new to the group. I am totally blind, and find it very difficult to go to a support group. I think it is a sensual when beginning when one finds themselves overwhelmed to have support because most people don't understand the need or difficult decision to have surgery for weight loss

Back