• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New in Town....

Hey there! Happy to find this site and excited to meet all of you.

My backstory: had gastric bypass a couple years ago, then needed a revision to duodenal switch. Haf surgery in June. Spouted a leak, went septic, and spent 4 weeks in the hospital getting stable. Went home on TPN and oxygen with palliative care for another 6ish weeks.

It really messed up some of my other medications (I have MS, Raynauds, Hashimotos, plus random things relating to those) BUT!

I just had an MRI to establish a new baseline because my Neuro needs to see what has changed before they approve my infusions to be restarted and YOU GUYS! The lesions in my thoracic spine have improved. (Brain is worse, but I was expecting that.)

Specifically, the lesions in T7 and T8 have "lessened" and those nerves are for your stomach, duodenum, spleen, and such. And this is the first time since my diagnosis, over 12 years ago, that they have improved. And I'm stupid excited about that and just needed to tell someone.

So hi, thanks for reading my word vomit, I'm Caroline.

Welcome Caroline! It sounds like you have been through the ringer with health issues! I’m really impressed with how positive you are, congratulations on the lessening of the lesions! This group tends to be very positive and I’ve found it to be very uplifting in my own journey. You came to the right place!

Welcome Caroline! It sounds like you have been through the ringer with health issues! I’m really impressed with how positive you are, congratulations on the lessening of the lesions! This group tends to be very positive and I’ve found it to be very uplifting in my own journey. You came to the right place!
Thank you!

Back