• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New lease on life

I had the gastric sleeve done on October 22, 2020. Looking forward to the new me!
I had my gastric sleeve done on August 17th. Congratulations on having your surgery and starting your recovery process. I've had a good recovery--no problems!! Good luck to you - the time really goes by fast. Any questions or problems, feel free to ask, this is a great group, always ready to help!

I had my gastric sleeve done on August 17th. Congratulations on having your surgery and starting your recovery process. I've had a good recovery--no problems!! Good luck to you - the time really goes by fast. Any questions or problems, feel free to ask, this is a great group, always ready to help!
Thank you. I too have had a good recovery, even though it’s only been 4 days. How much have you lost so far?

Thank you. I too have had a good recovery, even though it’s only been 4 days. How much have you lost so far?

Good Morning, I went for my 2 month post surgery appt. with the Surgeon last Monday and so far on his scale I lost 28 lbs. I know that I lost a few more pounds by my scale, but for now am counting his appts as "official". See my results on my tickler below. My surgery was delayed due to the Hospital cancelling all elective surgeries, due to Covid virus. This was in March and I had already completed 6 days of my pre surgery diet. I didn't realize, at the time, how terrible and deadly this virus was and how long it would last so I tried to eat healthy in case I was called right away. I ended up having my surgery on August 17th. I really stuck with the program and had an easy recovery. I now can have anything (almost) and have been trying something new almost every day. I still have weight to lose, so I haven't introduced sweets back into my diet. I'm lucky because I don't have any desire for them. Just stay with your program and I'm sure that you'll do fine. Don't forget to drink (sips_ , if eating, do it slowly and chew, chew, chew, and follow your program, it really does work.

13 YEARS out & I still experience a moment of gratitude every single day when I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. It's like being reintroduced to a dear friend you have somehow or other lost. It is a beautiful way to start my day.

When people say it was the best decision they ever made, they are testifying to the truth. It is so painful to be stuck in obesity and fail over and over and over again with diets, which reinforces a failure message about your entire existence.

You had your sleeve 2 months ago and you're already down 60 lbs???

Me too, Badgy. 35 in first month, 25 in second, 15 in third, then a loooooooong plateau. The last 35 came off in the last few months of my post-op time, at which time I hit my goal. That plateau just about killed me!

Back