• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Welcome to the group, Emma. How are you struggling with your food at this point? Are you following doctor's orders or the nutritionist's diet that should have been sent home with you? In fact, you should already have been doing something in the bariatric diet world before the surgery. So specifically, what's bothering you?

Yes, following doc orders, did my liquid diet with flying colors, after surgery it was not so easy. I felt like I was not getting enough to eat, feeling grumpy on most days. I hate the taste of the genepro but getting it down, had some dumping from the protein shakes that was not good, taking my vitamins as directed. I am walking and getting exercise. Tomorrow is 4 weeks post and I am MISERABLE, right now I am stuck at 199 to 198 I feel hungry but can't eat, I am getting my recommended fluids in, seems that's all that is going right! Call my nutritionist last week, she didn't call back til yesterday so annoyed with that issue...not sure what is going on with my body.

Yes, following doc orders, did my liquid diet with flying colors, after surgery it was not so easy. I felt like I was not getting enough to eat, feeling grumpy on most days. I hate the taste of the genepro but getting it down, had some dumping from the protein shakes that was not good, taking my vitamins as directed. I am walking and getting exercise. Tomorrow is 4 weeks post and I am MISERABLE, right now I am stuck at 199 to 198 I feel hungry but can't eat, I am getting my recommended fluids in, seems that's all that is going right! Call my nutritionist last week, she didn't call back til yesterday so annoyed with that issue...not sure what is going on with my body.
I'm a week out and I feel the same way. Lucky eating a soft egg makes me feel better

Is Genepro a protein shake? There are others to try that might go down better. I also bought unflavored Isopure protein powder. I can mix it in applesauce, cottage cheese, cream of wheat to get my protein in. Don't worry about a slow down in the scale. My doctor told me to focus on my measurements. My clothes have gotten loose when I wasn't feeling it.

Hi there..curious how you did liquid diet ( seemed easy for you.). Always looking for tips as to when I get to it. Thanks and a better recovery for you

The liquid diet before Idid fine, after seemed not to be satisfied and hungry and I felt discouraged, seemed like the pureed part was difficult to deal with, I had one episode of foaming from being hungry and trying cottage cheese, I waited a couple days and tried it again and no problem (weird). The nutritionist I seen after was not a comfortable meeting, guess I'll see how things go next week. Good luck with your surgery.

welcome to the group. I am late on telling you but I have been busy here. I hope you are getting the information you are needing. I know I seen diane up there and she has good advice. Tex is good as well. Redy is becoming another good one for me as well. If you need support we are there for you and you will see we are usually the ones to answer.

GM Erich. I hope you consider maybe getting another nutritionist if you aren't comfortable with that person. You are on a journey and support is necessary component! I hope it gets easier for you! And yes we are here for you!

The liquid diet before Idid fine, after seemed not to be satisfied and hungry and I felt discouraged, seemed like the pureed part was difficult to deal with, I had one episode of foaming from being hungry and trying cottage cheese, I waited a couple days and tried it again and no problem (weird). The nutritionist I seen after was not a comfortable meeting, guess I'll see how things go next week. Good luck with your surgery.
Sounds like you are figuring things out. Good for you.

I'm now 5 weeks out from my surgery I had a follow up yesterday w my Dr. I lost 26lbs since my surgery. Still struggling with eating, any dairy is getting me sick. So eating is a learning process.

Thanks for updating us and congratulations! You did it! I hope we will be able to hear all of your stories as you continue to succeed. But here's one thing you said that I just loved: "So eating is a learning process." That statement is both simple and profound. So many people have difficulty after surgery with their diets. I hope they will find comfort in seeing it the way you do, as a learning process.

Thanks for updating us and congratulations! You did it! I hope we will be able to hear all of your stories as you continue to succeed. But here's one thing you said that I just loved: "So eating is a learning process." That statement is both simple and profound. So many people have difficulty after surgery with their diets. I hope they will find comfort in seeing it the way you do, as a learning process.
Ty so much I knew it would be a challenge but I signed up for it

Back