• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new on the block.

Dagger51

Found this during a search or a bariatric doc in St. Louis which is proving dam near impossible. Wasted my time going to a SSM weight loss group at DePaul. It was nothing but a high pressure sales pitch topped of with an offer to help you commit insurance fraud to get your insurance to pay them. So angry and pissed off right now.:mad:

Good to hear from you and will keep the offer in mind. As in my post been one of those days and kicking myself on missing the gym today. I got about 5 months till I turn 52. if I can not get below 375 I am going to throw in the towel and go to a surgeon. Right now I am leaning towards banding or a sleeve that can be adjusted.

My hospital was doing away with the Band and focusing on Sleeve and RNY. I have a friend thats had great success with the sleeve. hes lost 250lbs . But remember the surgery is not a magic pill. You still have to follow the plan and take all the vitamins they tell you to take. And protein drinks are also very important . For me the only difference is I dont have those massive urges for pizza and soda anymore . I still struggle with chips and popcorn. I can only eat about 6 oz max of any meat at one time. Over all Im glad I had the surgery .

Good to hear from you and will keep the offer in mind. As in my post been one of those days and kicking myself on missing the gym today. I got about 5 months till I turn 52. if I can not get below 375 I am going to throw in the towel and go to a surgeon. Right now I am leaning towards banding or a sleeve that can be adjusted.

Hi Dagger! Glad to have you join our group!!!

There are people on this forum who started with a band and had it converted to a sleeve or a gastric bypass. Many surgeons are not performing bands anymore. Bands sometimes grow into the stomach or puncture the stomach and cause big problems. May I suggest you Google problems with gastric bands on the internet so you can make the best informed decision. The sleeve is much safer and more successful according to what I have read lately.

Good luck to you!

Cheyenne :cool:

welcome Dagger51. I will turn 52 in .April of next year I had the Gastric Bypass R N Y done April 28 2014 . the more you can lose on your own is great. It is very helpful to get with some type of trainer or nutrionist (if you don't have one already). keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK

Back