• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New post-op day 4

Taryn

Hey there, I am super new to this group and had a few questions to ease my mind. I am super scared. I had my surgery Thursday, May 4th and have been feeling down. The smell of food makes
My stomach growl now, so weird. I started protein shakes today and every time I took a tiny sip it felt like my stomach was talking back to me lol, is that normal? Is it also normal to feel weak and out of it? I've been drinking my fluids.

Hi Taryn. Congrats on your surgery. I was told by my doctor's nurse that it is our intestines that "talk", not our stomachs. More than likely what is going on is your intestines are getting used to the new digestive system you have forced upon it. Continue what you've been doing and ignore that noisy "gut".

I too had surgery May 4. My stomach doesn't make huge noises, but I have been feeling down. Cant seem to shake it. Tired, and sleeping good at night. Will be glad to see the end of the liquid diet!!

Hey there, I am super new to this group and had a few questions to ease my mind. I am super scared. I had my surgery Thursday, May 4th and have been feeling down. The smell of food makes
My stomach growl now, so weird. I started protein shakes today and every time I took a tiny sip it felt like my stomach was talking back to me lol, is that normal? Is it also normal to feel weak and out of it? I've been drinking my fluids.

Congratulations and everything you feel is real and I'm sure a few of us can identify because it happen to me for sure... You're doing good, hang in there...

Congratulations and everything you feel is real and I'm sure a few of us can identify because it happen to me for sure... You're doing good, hang in there...
I too had surgery May 4. My stomach doesn't make huge noises, but I have been feeling down. Cant seem to shake it. Tired, and sleeping good at night. Will be glad to see the end of the liquid diet!!
I had my surgery May 2, 2017. I just started on soft foods, but takes a little longer to adjust my Dr told me to add only one new food at a time. I was glad to end the liquid too.

Back