• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New pre op

Sara B Carel

Hi! I'm here because I've decided 275 lbs and diabetes is not going to help me live a valuable life. I started in September with a seminar, but I smoked so I had to quit before Dr would even consider me, so I did the very next day! I quit and still don't smoke. I was able to finally c the Dr and am in my first 5 days of no carbs and on the journey to try and lose 15 lbs. Its so hard!!! I almost gave in but if I can quit drinking and smoking I got this; Right? Well the Dr wants me in a support group but its far away so I thought I'd give online support a chance

Welcome to the group, you can do this! Be aware that if you have this surgery, you can't 'drink' anymore. It is very risky for your body afterwards. More so for bypass patients, but sleeve patients still have the same 'rules'. Unfortunately, a high percentage of patients drink afterwards and their overall health deteriorates due to bad choices once they have lost the weight. I hope you are successful and stay on the right track! We are excited to have you here! 15lbs will be gone in no time and you will be on your way to a healthier you!

Hi! I'm here because I've decided 275 lbs and diabetes is not going to help me live a valuable life. I started in September with a seminar, but I smoked so I had to quit before Dr would even consider me, so I did the very next day! I quit and still don't smoke. I was able to finally c the Dr and am in my first 5 days of no carbs and on the journey to try and lose 15 lbs. Its so hard!!! I almost gave in but if I can quit drinking and smoking I got this; Right? Well the Dr wants me in a support group but its far away so I thought I'd give online support a chance
Great job on the smoking and drinking, if you can do that you can do anything, smoking is so addictive and expensive. All the money you save will buy you tons of new clothes. And you will need them. I had bypass surgery and I drink a little wine here and there, although I'm a cheap date now, one glass is all I need for a buzz lol. Good luck

Back