• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Surgery in May2015

I have a gastric bypass surgery coming up in May. We are doing all the insurance mumbo jumbo tasks then i will have a set date. I am very scared of the surgery because to be frank i dont want to die haha. I would love some advice to feel better about this amazing surgery ill be having soon.

I have a gastric bypass surgery coming up in May. We are doing all the insurance mumbo jumbo tasks then i will have a set date. I am very scared of the surgery because to be frank i dont want to die haha. I would love some advice to feel better about this amazing surgery ill be having soon.

Go online and put in your surgeon's name and find out everything you can about him. I researched my surgeon and found he had a 5 out of 5 approval rating from his patients. He had performed over 2,000 bariatric surgeries and never lost a single patient. I felt completely safe in his hands. I had to drive a distance to get to him. Be sure your surgeon is a Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence and the hospital is a Bariatric Hospital of Excellence. If all is good with your surgeon then relax and know you are in good hands!

Today the minimally evasive procedures have lessened the surgery risk tremendously as compared to just 10 years ago.

You are at greater risk from dying from the maladies that the 292 pounds you are carrying around now as compared to going for this surgery.

This is LIFE SAVING SURGERY !!!!

Best wishes,

Ralph

Im in the process of getting thing's started for the surgery my bundle package for the physical is next Friday....
Hope all goes well with your up coming surgery..

Not much to brag about I have lost 2lbs since the 19th But thats still not enough weight to lose but Iam sure my dr will be pleased with 2 lbs...The dr that's doing my surgery is the only one here that doe's the surgery he did my brother in law's and a few of my friend's and they are all doing well on it..Im hoping to have my surgery before June cause my nephew graduates this year or even after is good for me Nancy:eek:

Not much to brag about I have lost 2lbs since the 19th But thats still not enough weight to lose but Iam sure my dr will be pleased with 2 lbs...The dr that's doing my surgery is the only one here that doe's the surgery he did my brother in law's and a few of my friend's and they are all doing well on it..Im hoping to have my surgery before June cause my nephew graduates this year or even after is good for me Nancy:eek:

Hi Nancy! Well 2 lb is 2 lb less :cool: It's just plain hard to lose weight without the help of the surgery. At least it was for me. It's March already so your surgery will be here before you know it. Good luck !

Cheyenne

Back