• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to group from central Minnesota

I am having gastric bypass the end of April, 2017 and its a bit unknown to me. All along I was gong to go for the gastric sleeve, until I met my surgeon. His reasons for wanting to do the bypass were because I am a diabetic and have GERD. After explaining those to me, I see it makes sense so I have switched to RNY. Any people on here from Minnesota would be appreciated! I feeel a bit alone in this.

I am having gastric bypass the end of April, 2017 and its a bit unknown to me. All along I was gong to go for the gastric sleeve, until I met my surgeon. His reasons for wanting to do the bypass were because I am a diabetic and have GERD. After explaining those to me, I see it makes sense so I have switched to RNY. Any people on here from Minnesota would be appreciated! I feeel a bit alone in this.
I'm not from Minnesota but I want you to know you are not alone. I have those two issues and plus some that tells me too that I need the RNY. Please be welcome.

Hello, welcome to the group, best of luck on your surgery, I had mine done in December, and so glad I had it done, things are going great, the weight loss seems slow to me but others say it is going fast, my Dr said slow is better, but all worth it in the end

Back