• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to site

Karroll

Good Morning,
Just wanted to say hello. I am new to the site and had my Gastric Bypass about two months ago. I have never been in a support group so this is all new. I am usually a quiet private person but will try to be open and chat some as I've been told it's supposed to increase success rate. I've been doing well but had problems with severe fatigue and shortness of breath from the low calorie intake at first. My body has now acclimated to the new calorie dose and I rarely have the fatigue anymore. I'm down from my first appointment weight by 60 lbs. The weight is slowing down since my body is adapting. I'm ok with that as long as it keeps going down. Anyway that is my background and I hope to continue the weight loss journey with all of you. :)

Karol... Stay encouraged and patient. Remember it's one day at a time. I am struggling with weight gain due to noncompliance with diet and exercise, I feel miserable. I joined this group today because I need support.

Karol... Stay encouraged and patient. Remember it's one day at a time. I am struggling with weight gain due to noncompliance with diet and exercise, I feel miserable. I joined this group today because I need support.
Thanks for the reply Deidreo, I am sorry to hear your having diet issues. Hearing that makes me nervous. I am doing well with my diet currently and was hoping it would stay that way. How far out from surgery are you? What foods are you eating that make you feel non compliant? Is it the amount of food or the types of food? Maybe it's not as bad as you think it is. I have a bad habit of overstating my mistakes and make them sound way worse than they are. If I can help by listening or otherwise let me know. I have a long road ahead of me and I'm sure I will need the same

Back