• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the Boards

ChrisWag

Hi Everyone, My name is Chris and I'm 2 years out from bypass. I've lost 233 lbs, 15 dress sizes, 3 shoe sizes, and 4 ring sizes! I'm so happy I had this surgery. I am at a plateau, and it's making me crazy! I've been stuck at 133 pounds for almost six months. I stick to the rules, I'm excercising, and doing all the things that I'm supposed to be doing, but it not going anywhere! I've recently relocated from the Northeast USA to the Washington, DC area, which was stressful, and it may be what's causing it, I don't know.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Chris

Wow you have done amazing...I am very impressed. Maybe your body is at the weight it wants.:)

I had the sleeve on 01/31/2012 and it has been coming off so slow for the past month, a bit disappointing.

Hi Chris!

Wow! Amazing results! I have a question for you.....what keeps you staying at a low weight for two years out?

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. Your suspision on stress being the culprate to your plateau is probably correct, that and thos last few lbs can be the hardest for some of us. I have been about 25 lbs away from my goal weght since Thanksgiving:eek: But I don't worry about it to much, I don't get as much physical activity done because it it so darn cold and wet, I am hoping to lose the rest once summer rolls around and I can get outside more. Your doing great! :cool: Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome - Linney - I stick to the "rules" - I NEVER want to go back to where I was, and for me, that means being religious about what I put in my mouth - and making sure that I get some kind of exercise every single day - even if it's just a 20 minute walk - I know that for me, if I even take one step back to the eating habits I had before, I'll go speeding right back to where I was and I can't do that to myself. When I started this journey I promised myself that I would be sucessful.

Wow!! You have had an incredible journey!! I am just beginning the process to surgery and one thing I wonder was if shoe size changes, haha! I have lost from 386 to 249 with no change in shoe size but my bottom half carries most of my weight. I am curious what your current daily calorie intake and meals look like would you mind sharing?

I generally get around 1000 calories - sometimes it's closer to 1200, sometimes it's around 900, it depends on the day - my key goal is for protein, and I try to get between 60 - 70 grams a day - which I find that if I hit the 60 grams, then I'm generally around 1000 calories. Meals vary a lot - it all depends on what kind of mood I'm in. From the beginning, I've never been able to drink the protein shakes/water etc or use protein powders - my system just rejects them. I have to be really careful about sugar content still - no more than 9 or 10 grams total or I'll dump. I stick to high protein foods, nuts, peanut butter, dairy, meat/fish - this time of year is harder for me to hit the protein target because I love salad, and it's hard to pass them up, so I make sure that any salad I have has cheese, some kind of meat, either steak or chicken, and usually some kind of nut - breakfast is my hardest meal of the day because I'm NOT a morning person, and have to force myself to eat. Generally days that I'm working, I'll have yogurt with a high protein granola mixed in. My favorite breakfast though is greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp of white chocolate sugar free jello pudding, 2tbsp of milk, and fresh bing cherries... tastes just like cheesecake without the guilt! But fresh cherries aren't around very long unfortunately. Days that I know I'll struggle to hit the protein goal, have something heavier at breakfast, like an egg with cheese and meat in it so I'm getting a big hit of protein. Making sure I hit my fluid intake is a big key too - I know when I have had enough to drink because since the surgery and the higher protein diet, I have two kidney stones, and they act up if I haven't had enough to drink. You will find the rhythm that works for you - Best of luck and great job on your weight loss so far!

Amen Chris! I totally agree with your feelings. I too feel the same and will stay on this path for the rest of my life. I made a vow to myself and my higher power to get keep in on the straight and narrow for the rest of my life!

You both are doing great, I look forward to losing as much as you both have. I agree once I made the decision to do the surgery there was no going back.

Back