• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to the Group !

I also used to be a picky eater and Kraft macaroni and cheese was my all-time favorite food. So, changes had to be made lol

I like Karens explanation about carbs. I think too many people think they're all bad and you should avoid them, which isn't true. What you should try to avoid is highly processed carbs. The easiest way to figure out which carbs are "good" is to look at a diabetic dietary guide or the glycemic index.

My program suggested eating protein first, then veggies and carbs last. The fact is, you're not going to have a lot of room for the carbs if you focus on the other two first. I am 2 years out and not everything I eat is "good for me" But I mostly stick to real food and try to avoid added sugars. That's it.

Hi there Karen and to all that responded to my post! I am so glad that I found this support group because the information that you all have given to me has really helped in making me feel a lot better about this journey. Karen I especially want to thank you for your response because it kinds of simplifies things for me especially with regards to bread and other carbs which has made it a lot more easier to let go than before. So, thanks guys for helping me find the strength to get over the huddle.

I am not all the way out of the woods yet, but I am on the right track and as someone had suggested, I have been doing my research by reviewing some of the post in the archives and looking at some Youtube videos which is helping me to be a little more informed than before. As of last week, I have completed all of the pre-surgery clearances and hopefully will find out what the next step in the process will be when I see the WLS team next week.
Thanks again everyone for your help and support and I pray that you all have a wonderful day!
congratulations on finishing all of your pre-surgery clearances! You're on your way!

Back