• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to this forum

Sissy620

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 2/28/14 I've lost 27 lbs to date. I'm happy to be here any advice on this journey will be most welcome from anyone who wants to share their journey. What are good choices for breakfast foods? My surgeon has me on 600-800 calories.

Hello. Keep up the excellent work!! :) and welcome. I hope you find comfort and encouragement on here. I'm a sleeve gal and I have a 1/2 a cup of fat free cottage cheese or Face yogurt w/ splenda and sugar free flavored syrups. That usually fills me up for a while, also Sugar free Carnation instant breakfast drink mix with milk cold or hot. Zabar make's a bariatric approved multigrain pancake mix with sugar free syrup and I only use the I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spray great flavor. That's about all the breakfast tips I can think of. :)

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 2/28/14 I've lost 27 lbs to date. I'm happy to be here any advice on this journey will be most welcome from anyone who wants to share their journey. What are good choices for breakfast foods? My surgeon has me on 600-800 calories.

Welcome Sissy,

I hope folks with lapbands will chime in. It is a different experience. However, the one thing you must do is to follow your surgeon's teams's advice precisely. You must visit your surgeon regularly and get the necessary adjustments as needed to keep the lapband working for you.

Ralph

I like the protein-enhanced oatmeal that you can find on bariatric sites. I throw in about 1 oz of raisins. I also like quinoa mixed with raisins and yogurt.

An egg with a piece of cheese melted over it and sometimes I'll have a piece of turkey sausage with it. It is a breakfast that keeps me full and satisfied for hours.

Cheyenne

Thank you Ralph. I read on one of the threads where you talked about it. I have this sometimes and just wondered if it would last forever.

Thanks to all of u for new ideas. Can someone tell me what quinoa is and where is it located in the store. I have never heard of it.

It's a grain that has protein in it. You can find it in the rice aisle, or sometimes in the health food section. I eat it for breakfast mixed with yogurt and raisins, and I have also used it in main dishes--quinoa and black beans, and quinoa stuffed green peppers.

Back