• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to this site...

Debra Jones

Hello from Grand Prairie, TX!! My name is Debra and I had my surgery a couple of months ago. The past few months have been hard on me, but I am making it day by day. Some days I can eat, some days everything comes back up. My energy level is not what it used to be, but I'm a work in progress. Things are getting better. My husband and I have started working out together, I don't want a lot of extra skin hanging!!! I am wondering if anyone else is having or have had the problem I am having now....food (when I can eat) just runs right through me!!! It is embarrassing when my co-workers look at me literally RUNNING to the bathroom. Do the "runs" ever stop???

Hello from Grand Prairie, TX!! My name is Debra and I had my surgery a couple of months ago. The past few months have been hard on me, but I am making it day by day. Some days I can eat, some days everything comes back up. My energy level is not what it used to be, but I'm a work in progress. Things are getting better. My husband and I have started working out together, I don't want a lot of extra skin hanging!!! I am wondering if anyone else is having or have had the problem I am having now....food (when I can eat) just runs right through me!!! It is embarrassing when my co-workers look at me literally RUNNING to the bathroom. Do the "runs" ever stop???

That could be what your eating, from things I read and was told. I am awaiting my surgery date.. You could give the place you had it done for more advice.. There are a lot of helpful people on here.

Welcome Debra. I'm having the energy and food coming back up issues. I did have the diarrhea issues, but talked to my Dr's office about it. They wanted me off dairy products. The surgery
can make us lactose intolerant or in my case and a friend's, unable to digest the fat. If that doesn't work, they suggested changing my protein shake. Luckily, for me, cutting out the dairy did the trick. Good luck.

Back