• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New year, new me ☺

Chrisp2018

Hello everyone! My name is Christy, I am 40 years old, and married with 4 kids, ages 16, 14, and twin 5 year olds. I have battled with my weight my entire life. I have been "dieting" since I was,in grade school. Over the years, I have went up and down on the scale, and each time, I loose weight I always gain it back and then some. This past couple years I feel like everything has really gotten out of control and finally gathered up the courage to see if I would be able to get approved for weight loss surgery. I have been to my initial appointment, my first dietician appointment, and today I will be seeing the cardiologist and meeting with the surgeon. I pray that everything continues to go in my favor and I can get approved for surgery this spring. I am at my highest weight right now at 270lbs, and I am 5ft 3 in so that makes my BMI 47.7 .. Is there anyone out there with similar stats and progress that may want to walk with me on this journey to better ourselves? Sure would like a friend! (Ya, I know that sounds super corny lol)

Welcome to the group, congrats on making the decision to become a better you! I don't have the same stats nor did I have the same surgery but I wish you the best. This group is full of encouraging people and many are willing to walk with you during your journey. Hope all is smooth sailing for you as you prepare for your surgery. :)

Hello everyone! My name is Christy, I am 40 years old, and married with 4 kids, ages 16, 14, and twin 5 year olds. I have battled with my weight my entire life. I have been "dieting" since I was,in grade school. Over the years, I have went up and down on the scale, and each time, I loose weight I always gain it back and then some. This past couple years I feel like everything has really gotten out of control and finally gathered up the courage to see if I would be able to get approved for weight loss surgery. I have been to my initial appointment, my first dietician appointment, and today I will be seeing the cardiologist and meeting with the surgeon. I pray that everything continues to go in my favor and I can get approved for surgery this spring. I am at my highest weight right now at 270lbs, and I am 5ft 3 in so that makes my BMI 47.7 .. Is there anyone out there with similar stats and progress that may want to walk with me on this journey to better ourselves? Sure would like a friend! (Ya, I know that sounds super corny lol)
Congratulations. I'm 5'1 and my highest weight was 285. I had list down to 227 when I first started the program. Took me about three months to get the Surgery. I had the RNY-gastric bypass. I'm now nine months post op. It's the best decision I ever made. I'm am now down to 140 lbs only ten lbs to my goal weight. It still seams like a dream. Now I'm having to learn how to maintain I've dieted all my life. You can do it and so happy for you. The hardest part of course was the waiting, lol. Best wishes on your journey

For a minute there I thought that was me, lolI was 270, dieted my whole life and also 5' 3" tall, I had surgery a little over a year ago and I'm close to 140 now depending on the scale I'm on, if I can do it so can you. Your life will be so much better than it was before, and your children's lives will be so much better for it too .good luck

Back