• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New

Darlys Forbes

Hi,
I am in so much need, right now, of support. I am 16 months post op after RNY and like you it is/was the best decision I have ever made. I just turned 60. My high weight was 214# with hypertension, thyroid issues, and pre - diabetes. Medical issues have all resolved. I was down to 135# and now the weight is coming back on. This morning weighed 144#.
Seems like I'm starving all the time lately. Eating many more unhealthy carbs than I should and my energy level is plummeting. I need a kick in the butt and support to get back on track now.
Sunshine7

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am in so much need, right now, of support. I am 16 months post op after RNY and like you it is/was the best decision I have ever made. I just turned 60. My high weight was 214# with hypertension, thyroid issues, and pre - diabetes. Medical issues have all resolved. I was down to 135# and now the weight is coming back on. This morning weighed 144#.
Seems like I'm starving all the time lately. Eating many more unhealthy carbs than I should and my energy level is plummeting. I need a kick in the butt and support to get back on track now.
Sunshine7

Hi Sunshine7
Just want to remind you that once your body eats carbs it starts craving them again. Maybe you should go on a reset. Just your protein and water again, flush all the carbs out. Then put yourself at the beginning again. Starting with stage 1 for cpl days followed by stage 2, and so on. It's just an idea, my dr office calls it a pouch reset. Hopefully it will help. Good luck, you got this look how far you have came.

Back