• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New

dgw

Hi All, I am dgw. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery in March 2015. Little over a year, 20 pounds have come back and I feel awful. Physically and mentally. I am trying to get back on track, but my problem is sugar, bread, and little exercise (because I hate exercising). I have not seen my doctor who did the surgery because I am so embarrassed for him to see me. I had lost 50 pounds. Anyone else having the same issues. I have no support from my husband for family. All I hear is "I told you so - you would gain it back. Now look at yourself."

Last edited:
Hi All, I am dgw. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery in March 2015. Little over a year, 20 pounds have come back and I feel awful. Physically and mentally. I am trying to get back on track, but my problem is sugar, bread, and little exercise (because I hate exercising). I have not seen my doctor who did the surgery because I am so embarrassed for him to see me. I had lost 50 pounds. Anyone else having the same issues. I have no support from my husband for family. All I hear is "I told you so - you would gain it back. Now look at yourself."

Don't beat yourself up. Go back to the doctor. You need his help. When we were young we called exercising play. Find something that's fun. How about a Wii game, bowling, dancing (even by yourself).

Don't beat yourself up. Go back to the doctor. You need his help. When we were young we called exercising play. Find something that's fun. How about a Wii game, bowling, dancing (even by yourself).
Thank you. I will see the doctor this Tuesday. I hope he does not yell at me. I get enough of that at home.

Hi I haven't had my surgery yet but I will soon. I struggle but I have started walking around my trailer court every day started two weeks ago.

Hi I haven't had my surgery yet but I will soon. I struggle but I have started walking around my trailer court every day started two weeks ago.
Good Luck! I cleared off my stationary bike, and started riding. Hopefully that will help. Also, not going near bread and trying to phase out sugar. Thanks all!!!

You are not by yourself, Dgw.....Things where going well until about a month ago, but we have gone too fair to go back...I'm not mad at myself, just disappointed, however I just got to get back on the wagon and keep pushing...we have to remember all of this went through and will continue to go through is for our own health and well being. I lady at my job is about ready to have surgery in two weeks...She was so worried about doing her pre surgery shakes....I told her I will do it with her for support...I think it will also jump start me back inline Keep plugging...this is for a lifetime and we are worth the work!

Back