• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New

ML Mack

Hi, I'm new to this! My surgery is scheduled for March 23, it's the gastric sleeve. Everything is happening so fast but I don't know anything about the diet before the procedure or after. Also, I am curious about the pain for the first few days after the surgery. Mine is robotic and laproscopic...has anyone had this? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I am happy you have decided to do the surgery, I have not set a date as yet. Did you not meet with a dietician so that they can explain about your diet before and after your surgery? That is the stage that I am in right now, but I still have not decided which one of the surgery I will be doing as yet. What mad you decide on the gastric sleeve?

Hello, welcome, I had gastric bypass and had very little pain afterwards, the diet they had me on two weeks before was a liquid diet, I had to drink protein shakes and eat things like yogurt and jello,. And then the two weeks after pretty much the same thing, the two weeks before was the worst part of it, but I had problems with my blood pressure, once I got that fixed it went much better

Hi, I'm new to this! My surgery is scheduled for March 23, it's the gastric sleeve. Everything is happening so fast but I don't know anything about the diet before the procedure or after. Also, I am curious about the pain for the first few days after the surgery. Mine is robotic and laproscopic...has anyone had this? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I had bypass, so I believe my pre surgery diet was different than yours will be. I was required for 2 weeks before to have nothing but protein shakes. That got real old. After surgery your diet should be the same. Liquid only. After just the shakes, I actually enjoyed the first few days of liquids.

Hi, ML Mack, I am new to the process and just beginning, so can not answer your questions. But, do want to wish you good luck on the 23rd..!!

I had gastric bypass on Jan. 10th. I had to do liquid diet for a week before surgery. I did protein shakes (Premier Protein). Also made my own using Bariatric Advantage vanilla powder. I still do a protein shake for breakfast most days. Now I can eat some foods - tuna, ground beef, ground turkey, deli cut meats, fish. I haven't had any issues at all. No pain after the day after surgery. Good luck ML Mack.

Back