• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

**new***

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and have been reading your post to understand the experiences you all have had. I'm on my journey to surgery but its been a long journey so far....Somedays I wonder if its all worth it and then I read about your success and I think okay I can do this.

So, anyone from Oregon? Just wondering who did your surgery?

Anyway, I'm happy I found this site and look forward to chatting with you all soon

Hi Futurelooksbright, Welcome. I live in northern california and had my surgery in Medford, my Surgion was Dr. Eaton but all the surgons at souther oregon bariatrics do a fantastic job and have a really good educational program both pre op and post op. It is worth all the waiting and the insurance game that some of the insurance companies play. What surgery are you thinking about? Let us know how you are doing and feel free to ask any questions, there are folkes in all stages of WLS from years out to only days to go. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Thanks Tom for the email. I'm up in Portland and my doctor is Dr Emma Patterson. Yes, lots of hoops more then I thougth but I'm still hanging in. I do have concerns with my insurance company because I have heard they will give a written approval and then decide not to pay but I'm a fighter so bring it on...lol

Thanks again!

Back