• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie in training- need to find a group near Rockford, IL

Sagitarius72

I'm here in hopes of gaining information and trying to find support either here or in/around the Rockford, IL area. I am not aware of any local support groups. I have met with team in Chicago and have been approved by them and insurance for RNY (the surgeon's choice for me.) They have everything there, but it is too far to drive and I am terrified of Chicago traffic. I am one week in with Registered Dietician, 11 to go. Surgery is not scheduled yet, but I imagine it will be late Aug or possibly early September at the University of Chicago. I'm trying to find a support group now so I can begin attending as soon as possible. I know I will need the face to face support. Please advise if you can. I am also new to a board such as this and threads. I have so many questions. I am scared, yet very optimistic at this point of what the future holds. Thank you :)

Anyone out there?? Are there any support groups in Rockford, Rochelle, etc, etc, IL?? Northwestern IL, but NOT Chicago... I need to find a support group within a reasonable distance. Any help? Would an OA group be beneficial for someone preparing to have RNY? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

Back