• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie to group

Hi! I'm Kimberly, I'm from Northern Indiana. I had the Rouex-N-Y in July 2001. I lost 131 lbs and then learned I could eat anything and everything. :( I am an emotional eater and life got overwhelming and I turned to food.
I am 2 1/2 hours away from my surgeon and my employer wasn't happy with my monthly drives to support group; I then tried every other month and he got snappy about that so I just stopped going. Unfortunately, I've gained my weight (almost all of it) back. I'm really depressed, they can't get my medications adjusted so that they actually help and I have so much stress in all areas of my life that I'm overwhelmed, frustrated and angry most of the time.
I have decided to try the 5 day pouch test to get "back on track." I haven't followed my diet in forever so I'm learning all over again what I can eat and the amounts.
I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced any of the same things; what have you done to get over them, etc.
Thank you for letting me join the support group. :)

Welcome to the forum Kimberly! So sorry you gained a lot of your weight back.

There are many knowledgeable people on this list and I'm pretty sure someone can give you some good advice.

Good luck to you!

Cheyenne

Back