• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi everyone, I had Billiopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch on January 18th, 2013. Struggling with depression already but all else is not to bad. Just wanted to say hi and hopefully find some people going through the same stuff as I am. :eek:

welcome christineapplebutter, wow sounds like you went through a lot of surgery. depression is something I think most people deal with after surgery, from what I have read. I know I experienced some due to the fact that I could no longer use "food" for comfort, joy or gladness.some doctors prescribe medication if it gets too bad. you've done well on weight loss in such a short time frame. are you limited to certain types of food due to your surgery?? do you have a local support group you can go too? do you have friends whom understand what you've been through? I know I have found much comfort with the people in this room, they'be been there for me since a year ago when I joined this site, best place there is to find answers, receipes and friends too. I love to talk as you can see, need someone to talk to or to listen let me know. I really hope today is going better for you.My sister and mom used to live in Olathe Kansas I liked it there. Talk to you later. Donna

Back