• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Glojia

Hello all! Just received my information packet and appointment for free WL seminar, Considering Gastric Bypass as I am overweight with many health problems,one being type II diabetes. Hopefully I can get approved and get things started. The one question I can't seem to find the answer to is, what blood sugar level do surgeons consider good when deciding who is a eligible for having the surgery ? My levels run high and I am trying to get it down. Does this question make sense at all?

Glojia

Last edited:
Hello all! Just received my information packet and appointment for free WL seminar, Considering Gastric Bypass as I am overweight with many health problems,one being type II diabetes. Hopefully I can get approved and get things started. The one question I can't seem to find the answer to is, what blood sugar level do surgeons consider good when deciding who is a eligible for having the surgery ? My levels run high and I am trying to get it down. Does this question make sense at all?

Glojia

Hi Glojia! If your blood sugar is high that would be all the more reason you should be approved for surgery because a bypass should result in your blood sugar being normal. Talk to your surgeon just to be sure but many people on this forum have had their diabetes symptoms totally disappear after bypass surgery.

Good luck, :)

Cheyenne

Thank you Cheyenne. I just got the ok from my primary to go for the surgery, he said that if I need anything from him to call him. This gives me hope and encouragement :)

Last edited:
Back