• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Steffonevk

Hello,
I am 5 weeks post op. I have hit a plateau and I am so worried that I am doing something wrong. I am afraid that I am grazing too much at night. I do well during the day but I am picking at my boyfriends food at night. Anyone have ideas on how to stop this. Could this be the reason that I am not loosing anything anymore? I am just sick about it.

Hello,
I am 5 weeks post op. I have hit a plateau and I am so worried that I am doing something wrong. I am afraid that I am grazing too much at night. I do well during the day but I am picking at my boyfriends food at night. Anyone have ideas on how to stop this. Could this be the reason that I am not loosing anything anymore? I am just sick about it.
Make sure you always eat protein first. You also can write down every thing you eat and track the calorie just to see what your really eating. That has helped me. Night also is my worse time. And I know it's not because I'm hungry. Mine is I my head and sometimes boredom. I do a lot of walking which helps. I'm one year post op and need to lose another ten pounds to my goal weight.

How long have you had this plateau? Remember that sometimes our bodies stop to adjust to weight loss and while the lbs. on your scale don't move, you are losing inches and your body is adjusting to all the sudden changes it's going through before you lose more weight. It is more common in bypass and DS patients and pretty regular but it also happens for some sleeve patients. Just hang in there, and if you go past 3-4 weeks with no change, reset things by returning to the liquid diet for a week, then reintroduce foods. Always keep in touch with your weight loss to team in case they want you to try something different to shake things up!

Back