• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newby

Hello all. I've been reading the posts at this site for a couple days and find it very helpful, answering questions and concerns I have. I have just completed a year of tests to qualify for the gastric bypass surgery. It was submitted May 8th and I'm awaiting the approval. I'm 56 and have been overweight most of my life. I've been on every weightloss diet out there, to only lose some weight then gain it back and add some more. I feel like this surgery gives me a hope that I haven't had in a long time. A hope to be healthy and thin. Thank you for any advice for someone waiting approval and hopefully is scheduled soon for gastric Bypass!

Hello all. I've been reading the posts at this site for a couple days and find it very helpful, answering questions and concerns I have. I have just completed a year of tests to qualify for the gastric bypass surgery. It was submitted May 8th and I'm awaiting the approval. I'm 56 and have been overweight most of my life. I've been on every weightloss diet out there, to only lose some weight then gain it back and add some more. I feel like this surgery gives me a hope that I haven't had in a long time. A hope to be healthy and thin. Thank you for any advice for someone waiting approval and hopefully is scheduled soon for gastric Bypass!

Stay blessed

I am doing so much better than I was I am not getting enough protein so it was making me sick I have now figured out different ways to get protein and it seems to be helping I pray all goes well for you in your up coming surgery make sure you fallow everything they tell you that's the best advice I can give to anyone my thoughts and prayers are with you

Keeping you in prayers as well, I prayer everything goes great.
CBarb, you're coming right up on your surgery aren't you? How are you feeling now? Come on over and let us tell you how Brave we think you are and how great you're going to look and feel when you're done.

Weezy, how you feeling? I'd love to read an update from you.
Hi Dianne, im on day 3 of clear liquids. Im feeling a bit weak, but im determined to stick to it and be ready for surgery, by shrinking my liver and being cleaned out. Friday, May 31st is my gastric bypass. Im somewhat nervous, but im filled with a new hope of being successful, healthy and thin. How are you feeling? Where are u on your weightloss journey? Thanks for asking about me!

Well, I'm 12 years out from RYGB surgery and am now exploring a problem I've been having with nausea and vomiting for the last 4 years. I didn't tend to it the first two years because I thought it was maybe lactose intolerance. But the last couple of years have been very bad and last September I started taking Omeprazole and ondansetron. prior to that I was taking 600 mg of Motrin twice a day. Now we know that Motrin is not a drug that people should take if they have had gastric bypass surgery. The second my doctor heard me say I want a referral to a bariatric surgeon, she immediately took me off various meds that I take including the ibuprofen. Now my shoulder is just killing me.

The anti-nausea medications haven't been working lately and the fact that it seems to be getting worse has sent me to a bariatric surgeon. My surgeon is retired so I was sent to get an upper GI and then consult with the doctor at Virginia Mason. Well the GI was perfect. So now we have no idea.

The bariatric surgeon is sending me to a radiology guy who specializes in bariatric endoscopy. Waiting for a call back to schedule that appointment.

Last edited:
Hi Dianne, im on day 3 of clear liquids. Im feeling a bit weak, but im determined to stick to it and be ready for surgery, by shrinking my liver and being cleaned out. Friday, May 31st is my gastric bypass. Im somewhat nervous, but im filled with a new hope of being successful, healthy and thin. How are you feeling? Where are u on your weightloss journey? Thanks for asking about me!

2 more days. Congrats. I will be praying for you and try to let us know how you are doing as soon as possible. We will worry until you let us know.

Well, I'm 7 years out from RYGB surgery and am now exploring a problem I've been having with nausea and vomiting for the last 4 years. I didn't tend to it the first two years because I thought it was maybe lactose intolerance. But the last couple of years have been very bad and last September I started taking Omeprazole and ondansetron. prior to that I was taking 600 mg of Motrin twice a day. Now we know that Motrin is not a drug that people should take if they have had gastric bypass surgery. The second my doctor heard me say I want a referral to a bariatric surgeon, shooting admittedly took me off various meds that I take including the ibuprofen. Now my shoulder is just killing me.

The anti-nausea medications haven't been working lately and the fact that it seems to be getting worse has sent me to a bariatric surgeon. My surgeon is retired so I was sent to get an upper GI and then consult with the doctor at Virginia Mason. Well the GI was perfect. So now we have no idea.

The bariatric surgeon is sending me to a radiology guy who specializes in bariatric endoscopy. Waiting for a call back to schedule that appointment.
Well i hope you get some answers soon and its taken care of!! Hang in there Diane@

Well, I'm 7 years out from RYGB surgery and am now exploring a problem I've been having with nausea and vomiting for the last 4 years. I didn't tend to it the first two years because I thought it was maybe lactose intolerance. But the last couple of years have been very bad and last September I started taking Omeprazole and ondansetron. prior to that I was taking 600 mg of Motrin twice a day. Now we know that Motrin is not a drug that people should take if they have had gastric bypass surgery. The second my doctor heard me say I want a referral to a bariatric surgeon, shooting admittedly took me off various meds that I take including the ibuprofen. Now my shoulder is just killing me.

Hi Diane
My goodness! I hope to heavn they figure this out. Last four years has been quite a while for you to feel this way. I hope everything is going to better for you. You are so nice to encourage everyone here on this site only to find how you are coping. Please let us know how it goes..in my prayers.

Well, I'm 12 years out from RYGB surgery and am now exploring a problem I've been having with nausea and vomiting for the last 4 years. I didn't tend to it the first two years because I thought it was maybe lactose intolerance. But the last couple of years have been very bad and last September I started taking Omeprazole and ondansetron. prior to that I was taking 600 mg of Motrin twice a day. Now we know that Motrin is not a drug that people should take if they have had gastric bypass surgery. The second my doctor heard me say I want a referral to a bariatric surgeon, she immediately took me off various meds that I take including the ibuprofen. Now my shoulder is just killing me.

Diane have you been checked for an ulcer. Because asprine products causes ulcers in bypass patience. And since you doctor took you off so many of you meds has you stomach eased up on you.

Back