• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Non scale victories

NSV: Last night I went to a concert The Offspring :p Rock on!
Walked 1.5 miles to and from (total) stood the entire time (2.5 hrs) Walked up 3 flights of stairs in the parking garage!

My ankles did NOT swell up, this is HUGE for me because just walking around the grocery store my ankles would swell so bad the throbbed when I got home. I never got tired! I never ached! And, I got up all 3 flights without a break! Breathing heavy, yes but non stop all the way up!

NSV: Last night I went to a concert The Offspring:p Rock on!
Walked 1.5 miles to and from (total) stood the entire time (2.5 hrs) Walked up 3 flights of stairs in the parking garage!

My ankles did NOT swell up, this is HUGE for me because just walking around the grocery store my ankles would swell so bad the throbbed when I got home. I never got tired! I never ached! And, I got up all 3 flights without a break! Breathing heavy, yes but non stop all the way up!
That is amazing! You are doing so great! Can’t wait for my surgery. You are very inspiring with how well you are doing.

A couple of NSV's for me, just 6 days post op. I did not tell many people about my gastric band placement in 2009, including my parents and brother. I opted not to tell them in advance of the bypass surgery but was contemplating telling them afterwards. My parents are in their 80's and my mom can be very judgmental. I just didn't want to deal with her. None of them live near me, so it would have been easy to say nothing; however, my brother is visiting this weekend and he would learn that my diet is highly restricted right now. Therefore, I decided to tell my parents 4 days post op. They were concerned about all the procedures and worried about my recovery. They called to check on me the next two days. Mind blown. Never in a million years did I expect there wouldn't be some sort of toxicity. Very relieved! Next NSV...this morning my hubby chose a protein shake for breakfast and said he has started tracking his food and exercise again, that I've inspired him! Yay!! He has been a tremendous support to me, but having him make some changes along with me, is wonderful!

Back