• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Not Losing , havin carb cravings

renie

Hi everyone I haven't been here in a while . I have been having crazy carb cravings and haven't lost any weight in like 5 months . I had knee surgery 2 months ago , the knee injury happened 2 yrs ago which limited my exercise ,now after the surgery I have been having nothing but trouble with it . I know if I didn't give into the carbs I would have taken off some weight . that's why im back I want to be accountable for my actions , and hope someone has a few suggestions on how to control and not give into the cravings ..thank you in advance :) much love Renie

Hi everyone I haven't been here in a while . I have been having crazy carb cravings and haven't lost any weight in like 5 months . I had knee surgery 2 months ago , the knee injury happened 2 yrs ago which limited my exercise ,now after the surgery I have been having nothing but trouble with it . I know if I didn't give into the carbs I would have taken off some weight . that's why im back I want to be accountable for my actions , and hope someone has a few suggestions on how to control and not give into the cravings ..thank you in advance :) much love Renie

Hi Renie!!! Just remember that you were almost 300 lb...now once you lose 6 more pounds, you will be in the 100s. (199lb) HOW WONDERFUL!!! I find it helpful to break the goals down, like shoot for 199, then go for 195, then go for 190. I surely wish I was that close to the 100s. Think about what you have accomplished!!! You won't have to give up carbs forever, once you lose your weight you can exercise easier and eat more carbs than you can now as long as you watch the scale and exercise enough. You can do this!!! Think about how much better you feel at 206 lb than at almost 300 lb. You have done so well, just don't lose sight of your goal. We all can help each other, just one day at a time. Good Luck to you.. keep us posted as often as possible. :)

Cheyenne

Thank you so much cheyanne you are right I was once close to 300 , before the the surgery I was 267 even with that # I have come a long way . this pause in weight loss has caused me to be ashamed to go back to my bariatric center . Im going to go back and hope for the best . thank you for giving me my confidence back . :)

Thank you so much cheyanne you are right I was once close to 300 , before the the surgery I was 267 even with that # I have come a long way . this pause in weight loss has caused me to be ashamed to go back to my bariatric center . Im going to go back and hope for the best . thank you for giving me my confidence back . :)

You're welcome Renie :) We all have ups and downs. That's so great that you are going back to your bariatric center. You will be back on track in no time!!!

Please don't be ashamed to go back to your Bariatric center. That's what they are there for. They are invested in your success and want you to succeed. Also make sure to join a face to face support group if you aren't already.
I don't know what kind of carbs you are eating, but if it's cakes and candy, etc. get them out of the house. If they aren't there you can't eat them. Good luck to you.

Hi Karenina . yes I am involved in a face to face group , but its run by my bariatric center . so being ashamed to go back to the center , ive also not been to a meeting in a while as well , but I intend to go back to both . :)

Back