• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November 25th Surgery date with pre op appointment tomorrow!

becky816

As it is getting closer to my surgery date, I am getting a little more nervous. I really am not nervous about the surgery or even how I will cope after the surgery. I am most nervous about getting to the surgery date. Losing the weight that my surgery team wants me to lose prior to the surgery is proving to be more challenging than I hoped. This is causing me some concern as I do not want to risk the surgery being postponed because of this. I have already been through months and months of anxiety going through the entire process to get to this point. I just need to calm my nerves and hopefully I will receive some more advice at the appointment tomorrow on what more I can do to achieve my pre surgery weight loss goal.

Oh. I feel a little better already just being able to get that off my chest. :)

Just keep doing what they tell you and don't let anything get in your way. I had a coworker bring all their left over Halloween candy into the office today. They put it on my desk (as everyone comes to me). I quickly found it a new home and just kept telling myself it wasn't worth it - I am too close now. Good luck to you.

As it is getting closer to my surgery date, I am getting a little more nervous. I really am not nervous about the surgery or even how I will cope after the surgery. I am most nervous about getting to the surgery date. Losing the weight that my surgery team wants me to lose prior to the surgery is proving to be more challenging than I hoped. This is causing me some concern as I do not want to risk the surgery being postponed because of this. I have already been through months and months of anxiety going through the entire process to get to this point. I just need to calm my nerves and hopefully I will receive some more advice at the appointment tomorrow on what more I can do to achieve my pre surgery weight loss goal.

Oh. I feel a little better already just being able to get that off my chest. :)
My surgery date is November 18, and I am nervous about the weight as well. Do you still have cravings? If so, what do you do to get past them? Are you on the 1000 calorie diet? If you are, how is that going? What have you been eating? Congratulations on your surgery date! It was a long process! Keep up the good work :)

My surgery date is November 18, and I am nervous about the weight as well. Do you still have cravings? If so, what do you do to get past them? Are you on the 1000 calorie diet? If you are, how is that going? What have you been eating? Congratulations on your surgery date! It was a long process! Keep up the good work :)
Hi Dalrae, congrats on your surgery date you have come a long way and now the real journey will begin. I'm 3 years post op and I'll tell you I would do it again in a heart beat. Being sleeved is the best thing that I've done for me! Just take it one day at a time and follow your post op instructions....you will do and be fine.

Back