• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November 8th

My surgery is coming up on 11/30 at 730 a.m. I had my pre-op appointment and my anesthesiologist appointment on 11/10. I got my soap and pre/post-op meds. He said my last meal is 11/27, clear liquids and prep 11/28, and clear liquids 11/29. I was a little surprised and confused as others have a week or more. I have one bariatric class left on 11/16.

I asked my doctor about the bariatric belt and cough pillow. He said stop reading the Internet. He said I don't need those and there will be a tube after my surgery to help get the gas out. I'm wondering if I should still get the belt for home. Anybody have the belt? Was it helpful or worthless?

Maria
I used an abdominal binder every day for about a week. It helped immensely and I would do it again. It was the only way I could lay down in bed too. I was offered that or the drainage tube. I’ll take the abdominal binder over a tube sticking out of me any day.

Back