• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NSV ring a ding ding

3momchaos

I have been putting off having my wedding band resized because of time and the jewelry store isn’t very close to where I live, but I took it in today to the place where we bought it because resizing is free. It’s going from a 10 to a 7.75! They’re going to do their best to size it down that much, but it might have to be recasted. I just think that’s wild! Who knew fingers could lose so much weight too LOL

I have been putting off having my wedding band resized because of time and the jewelry store isn’t very close to where I live, but I took it in today to the place where we bought it because resizing is free. It’s going from a 10 to a 7.75! They’re going to do their best to size it down that much, but it might have to be recasted. I just think that’s wild! Who knew fingers could lose so much weight too LOL
How wonderful to have that happen. You are right about losing weight in your fingers/hands, and don't forget about "skinny feet!" I remember a long time ago being amazed at buying a smaller shoe size after a major weight loss. And my wedding band that was so tight in June (wedding day was June 11), now slides off with almost no resistance. Good for you to have achieved this happy NSV!

I was just telling my husband that none of my winter shoes fit anymore. I've had to buy 7.5 W forever, but between having the neuroma removed from both feet last year and the weight loss this year, my feet are sliding around in all of my boots. I still wear a 7.5, but no longer need wide width! On the one hand I am ecstatic, because the selection of wide width women's shoes has always been limited at best, but on the other hand I now need snow boots, practical winter weather shoes, and sneakers of course! Cowboy boots have been promised by my husband too.

Now my wedding ring was stuck on my hand for years. It was bought for my after I had lost 100 lbs almost 20 years ago. Once I finally got it off during my many dieting attempts, I kept it off. I am happy to report it now fits just fine!

I got my ring back today! It’s all pretty and sparkly!! My husband went in with me since I’d just picked him up from the airport. His needed to be sized up just a little bit. He said since next year is our 15th we might look into upgrading and changing the settings. It’ll depend on if we see something we like.

Beautiful! For surgery I couldn’t get mine off my finger and panicked. They put medical tape over it and luckily let me keep it on. I thought they might cut it off (ring, not finger LOL). I too am putting off a resize - I only want to do it once and in the meantime I found these little plastic clips that help them not fall off.

Back