• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NSV

3momchaos

I haven’t been on a horse since I was a kid, and when my daughter started taking riding lessons a little over a year ago I really wanted to ride with her, but being close to 300lbs made me scared that I would hurt the horse. But I got to ride today! It bothered my knee more than I expected, but it was fun!! I’ve listened to my daughters instructor so much that I didn’t need much help. I think I’ll keep it up because it was definitely something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and never thought I could. The horse is named Cass and he’s awesome!

I haven’t been on a horse since I was a kid, and when my daughter started taking riding lessons a little over a year ago I really wanted to ride with her, but being close to 300lbs made me scared that I would hurt the horse. But I got to ride today! It bothered my knee more than I expected, but it was fun!! I’ve listened to my daughters instructor so much that I didn’t need much help. I think I’ll keep it up because it was definitely something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and never thought I could. The horse is named Cass and he’s awesome! View attachment 4181
Seriously, that is an awesome picture. You should frame it and let it inspire you every day. The joy on your face says it all.

You look so happy and I am happy for you!! I love horses but I never got comfortable riding them and I was around them often when I was in my teens. Now I admire them from on the ground, feed them and give them plenty of petting. My sister boards young draft horses for six months of the year for a breeder at her farm in Vermont and I always look forward to getting my horse fix once or twice a year.

Back