• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ohio - Bowling Green?

Hi MiMi! We are shooting for May. I'm still in the process. I joined in January. I've had all the tests, seen the nutritionist and the psychiatrist. I have to see my cardiologist in March for a clearance and in April I see my PCP for a clearance. If all that goes ok, it will be in May. How are you doing? Do they have the same process in Carey for you to follow as far as nutritionist, psychiatrist, etc.?

Hi MiMi! We are shooting for May. I'm still in the process. I joined in January. I've had all the tests, seen the nutritionist and the psychiatrist. I have to see my cardiologist in March for a clearance and in April I see my PCP for a clearance. If all that goes ok, it will be in May. How are you doing? Do they have the same process in Carey for you to follow as far as nutritionist, psychiatrist, etc.?
Yes. I've already done all those steps. Joining a support group was my last step I believe. Now we'll schedule my pre-op appointment and surgery in March.

OHH So excited for you MiMi! I look at this surgery as such a gift! I've struggled my whole life with compulsive food behaviors and being overweight. I'm truly looking at this as a new tool to open a new door. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing! Also are you having the gastric bypass or sleeve or ??? I'm having the bypass.

Which surgery did you have? I've been wondering what my recovery will be like.
I am having the by pass in May. I'm still working thru all the steps per insurance. But I am doing well. and talking with lots of people both on line and in person. I really am trying to learn all I can about the surgery and its risks and benefits. I am 66 and on blood thinners so I have a few risk issues with those. Dr. Lalor said he is always concerned with older patients because of their risk issues but luckily all my tests came out perfect. Not one issue showed up. So that is very reassuring. You said you had Dr. Parodi. What surgery did you have?

Back