• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Okaloosa County or close there to it

Looking for a friend and accountability buddy. I had my surgery in Jacksonville (5 hours from home) so I can't really feasibly attend support group with my care team. So looking for something local or at least a friend who's been here and can relate. I'm really struggling and feel like I'm alone on an island here.

There is a list of meetings by state on the homepage of this support group, but that doesn't mean you'll find a meeting near you. Click on the big headline at the top left of this page.

I encourage you to dive deeply into this group. Read posts that speak to you, or read profiles that seem to be si8milar to your life. Then send a private message (see envelope icon above right, next to your handle) to a person with a comment or question and see what comes back. Most veteran people here also communicate privately with newbies or make friends to whom they speak privately.

Also, use the Search feature with key words like RYGB, failure, confidence, sleeve, post-op, diet, food, protein, etc. etc. Then just settle in and read.

If you see posts that are older than one year, or you find posts that don't have a second or third post, or you click on a person's icon and find little to no activity, keep looking until you find more active posters. I think this is a great group and I've been here for more than 15 years. There are many people with questions, like you, just dying for some support. You can offer them that by telling your story to the group, or privately.

Back