• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

on celexa and trouble losing weight

renie

Hi I had my surgery Dec 13th and lost about 50lbs , but only lost about 10 in the last 3 months , . I have been sticking to the diet and workingout 1-2 hrs a day 5-6 days a week . I take a pill called celexa and what I have learned is that this medication it causes weight gain , very sluggish matabolisum and carb craving . I think I lost that fist 50lbs b/c of the big caloric intake change , now I believe my matabolisum needs to speed up but this med is fighting me all the way .. i didn't realize that the first few months i started taking celexa i gained close to 60lbs , i thought it was b/c i stopped working and b/c of my bad back . duh 60 extra lbs will make a bad back worse . well my question is has anyone else had similar problems with celexa if you took or are taking it .
PS im going to have my Dr take me off of this medication and see what happens . i will keep u posted . thanks in advance
much love renie

Back