• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One bad day!!!

Time 4 me

Tomorrow is my one week check up and it has been amazing I did so well up until yesterday. I was so weak and dizzy I could bearly walk from my room to the bathroom. I had a low grade fever and I was fighting to get my water in, praise God for sugar free popsicles, that's what kept me hydrated. I was so discouraged and it was the first day I did not get out of bed, however I woke this morning soaking wet (fever broke) and I feel really, really good.

Not so bad 1 out of 7 days of feeling really bad!!!

Take care of yourself. Glad you are starting to feel better so quickly. It's a good thing you had your popsicles available. I keep in my freezer all the time too. Besides, the Grands love them too.

Time 4 me

hi glad you woke up feeling better, yes popsicles are life savers. I want to find some s/f banna flavored ones, gonna go shopping today. my box has other flavors no banna.
I am 8 weeks out and still have days of nauseau and weak, some people say it's due to not getting enough protein in,etc.
you've went through alot but you're on your road to recovery. one day at a time.
praying you have a good day and no more fever's etc.
Donna

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, but please make sure you mention it to your Doc tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

Im one week out, but with Thanksgiving doc won't see me til two weeks . I called his office they asked me questions said Im ok move to next step. I accidently put soda in my mouth thinking it was my tea. I dont feel to good now. Im waiting til the morning to call Doc office. Not sure what to do .

Im one week out, but with Thanksgiving doc won't see me til two weeks . I called his office they asked me questions said Im ok move to next step. I accidently put soda in my mouth thinking it was my tea. I dont feel to good now. Im waiting til the morning to call Doc office. Not sure what to do .

Glad to see you, madehernew. Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on your wls. What procedure did you have? And when? Where are you located? Tell us a little about yourself.

"Put[ing] soda" in your mouth won't hurt you and I can't imagine why it would make you feel bad.

Be sure not to drink it, though.

Thanks Qaterra, I am 47 single mom of two. I am hoping to improve my health. Ive lost 9 pounds since surgery on 11-12-12. I hope I didnt swallow any of the coke . I rinsed my mouth right after. It just scared me. Can't sleep now

Thanks Qaterra, I am 47 single mom of two. I am hoping to improve my health. Ive lost 9 pounds since surgery on 11-12-12. I hope I didnt swallow any of the coke . I rinsed my mouth right after. It just scared me. Can't sleep now

Hello, again,

Thanks for telling a little more about you. There are others here from California.

And about the Coke. Even if you swallowed a drop or two, you've done no damage. You're okay. Take a deep breath and stop worrying. Did the Coke belong to one of your children? It's no good for you. It isn't good for them either. You might consider not buying it anymore. If it isn't in the house, you don't have to worry about accidentally drinking from the wrong cup. You say you were drinking tea? Is that caffeinated tea? Most medicos prefer wls patients to avoid caffein. Is caffein on your approved list of things to drink? Also, it's a good idea to have a glass or two marked or understood only to be for Mom. Nobody but Mom uses that/those glass.

Go to bed and get some good rest so you can continue to heal. Learn everything you can so you know when to be afraid and when not to be afraid.

It's good to be cautious. Learn what foods and drinks you can have on your plan and which ones you cannot.

I'm proud of you for taking charge of your health for you and your children.

soda has bubbles and bubbles can make you uncomfortable but as I understand it, will not damage anything.

Back