• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week until surgery

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and am glad I found it. I am on day 7 of the liver shrinking diet with 7 to go! I get to eat, not much, but it is better than all liquid diet. I started this journey in June when I changed Dr.'s and one of the first things he said to me on my first visit is "you need gastric bypass surgery" You could have knocked me over with a feather. That really came out of left field. But I listened to him, went home and did some research and made the appt. with the surgeon. From the first appt. with the surgeon to getting my final clearance was three weeks! I had 3 group nutrition classes, 1 one-on-one nutrition class, orientation, support group, blood test, and 3 psych eval appts. all in two weeks. The surgeon said I made it through in record time. I could have had surgery in mid August but I had an extended family vacation planned for September so I put it off until October 1st. Since June I have lost 36 pounds so I have a good start. I'm ready to just have it over with. I don't like waiting There is a smaller me that can't wait to get out!

Best wishes to you on your journey!! How exciting it must feel to be so close to your scheduled "Big Day"!! I myself have just started with the requirements so I'm looking at January hopefully to be my "Big Day" if all goes well!! Keep us posted as you go!! :)

Thank you, NewMee. Good luck to you also on getting through the requirements without any trouble. I'll be sure to post how everything went.

we all are rooting for ya , keep us posted on your journey.... we can and will ,...do it together with support from each other !

Back