• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ordeal update

Had surgery on 12/18, went back into the hospital 1 1/2 weeks after surgery due to dehydration among other things. Was in there for 5 days and was kind of "encouraged" to go home. I just came home today after being on soft foods for half a day. Still having sick stomach and pain in my stomach. Have meds though and going back to dr on the 9th. I also believe that no matter how much you try to help someone by describing surgery experiences that no one will fully understand until they go through it them selves. But thank you to those who shared their experience with me and for the encouragement.

Glad you are home, hope it is for good. The first weeks are tough, no doubt about it and I am still in it, not eating much without getting a really full, full feeling. I eat almost nothing all day and drink less!! I did have blood work thinking I was dehydrated and it came back normal so Wendy's Chili is my savior, I eat it each day without problems. We got the recipe for Wendy's Chilli and made it at hme with chopped Turkey instead hamberger. Delicious!

Back