• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

OT: what happened today

I heard some noise and scuffling and wailing outside my apartment because I had the door cracked. I ran out and saw my assistant apartment manager helping up a woman who had fallen onto the walkway and couldn't get back up.

The woman appeared to me to be on drugs but she was also in poor condition and I couldn't determine her age but she was probably about the same age as me. I slipped my arm into her armpit and told her to grab my shoulder. Then I said okay, get up, and as she did that I lifted her and then told her to lean against the wall to steady herself.

Amber kept her vertical and I pointed at my car and told her I was going to get it and she should get into it. We got her strapped in and she was scratched up, but okay, so I gave her a ride to her apartment building about a mile away.

That should be the end of the story, but when I got her out of my car, enlisting the help of another woman standing on the curb, the 2nd woman jumped into my car and told me where she needed to go.

She was so high on something, she couldn't understand what I was asking her. I managed to figure out where she wanted to go while she cranked up my radio and started punching in stations, all the while carrying on a monlog I could understand.

I figured the Universe was behind this and I was to experience and maybe I needed to do these weird favors.

I took the second woman to the shopping center (my car running on fumes because my tank was almost empty) and prepared to drop her. I told her where I was going to stop and she should jump out. When we got there, the light turned green but she wanted a few bucks. I told her I didn't have any money. I'd run out of my apartment so fast, I'd left my cash behind.

So she decides I'm a bitch and cusses me out while cars are honking at me to move. She didnt even close the door and the radio is blaring...

But no problem. I grabbed the door and sped through the light and went back home.

What the Universe taught me in this weird but brief encounter was that I'd been tasked for this, and now it was my job to figure out why.

I figured I'd fallen into a good deed deficit and it required 2 good deeds to square my balance sheet.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm home, I'm safe, and those two women are probably still working out their chaos.

And here I am, in the bosom of my support group. All's well. Love you guys.

Back