• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pancreatitis.

Does anyone have or get pancreatitis? I have a lot of health issues and my doctor referred me for this surgery. He thinks the sleeve will take care 95% of my health issues. I have high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, high trygliseriods, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and I'm over weight. The high trygliseriods is what causes my pancreatitis. Can anyone relate?

Does anyone have or get pancreatitis? I have a lot of health issues and my doctor referred me for this surgery. He thinks the sleeve will take care 95% of my health issues. I have high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, high trygliseriods, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and I'm over weight. The high trygliseriods is what causes my pancreatitis. Can anyone relate?

My wife has suffered with pancreatitis since 2011. She too had high triglycerides for years. She has to have an ERCP every three months!

Doug

My wife has suffered with pancreatitis since 2011. She too had high triglycerides for years. She has to have an ERCP every three months!

Doug

I have never heard of a ERCP I live in PA and also been dealing with this since 2011. My brother passed away in August of 2013 from pancreatitis. Thank you for your input on the ERCP I'll be sure to talk to my doctor about this.

I have never heard of a ERCP I live in PA and also been dealing with this since 2011. My brother passed away in August of 2013 from pancreatitis. Thank you for your input on the ERCP I'll be sure to talk to my doctor about this.

You can google ERCP to find out more. What I can tell you it is a procedure where the go down your throat with a scope and he changes her stents (she has two of them) and then he cleans around the stents. She got on a every three month ERCP due to all the ER visits. All I know is that it is very painful.

Doug

You can google ERCP to find out more. What I can tell you it is a procedure where the go down your throat with a scope and he changes her stents (she has two of them) and then he cleans around the stents. She got on a every three month ERCP due to all the ER visits. All I know is that it is very painful.

Doug

Can I ask where your located? The closest pancreatitis doctor around me is in Pittsburgh and Maryland. The doctor in Pittsburgh is kinda a joke, that and I don't have the $ to travel either.

Can I ask where your located? The closest pancreatitis doctor around me is in Pittsburgh and Maryland. The doctor in Pittsburgh is kinda a joke, that and I don't have the $ to travel either.
I am in Dyersburg, TN. Far north west of the state. You need to find a good gastroenterologist who can help you. Good luck!

Doug

I did not have all the same health issues as yourself before my gastric sleeve in November, but post-op I developed issues with my gallbladder thus low grade pancreatitis. They quickly removed my gallbladder and the pancreatitis resolved on its own. Our bodies are incredible machines. One part can affect the body as a whole. If I was you I would at least consider your doctors suggestion. You may find that fixing one thing may slowly improve other health problems or at least improve them. Good luck.

so sorry to here that.yes I have had 2 pancrease attacks this year.whew.it hurts.the doctors determined that my gallbladder is full of stones and needs to come out.i was trying to get it out before the end of this year but it will be as soon as possible.i do have diabetes and high blood pressure,sleep apnea.i am 1 month out.i did the sleeve.what did the doctor say was causing your pancrease attacks?the doctor needs to determine what is causing this problem or you will continue getting these attacks and they can take whatever is causing this problem out at the same time of your sleeve surgery.my surgeon talked about taking my gallbladder out but it was never determined until now that it is gallstones.take care

so sorry to here that.yes I have had 2 pancrease attacks this year.whew.it hurts.the doctors determined that my gallbladder is full of stones and needs to come out.i was trying to get it out before the end of this year but it will be as soon as possible.i do have diabetes and high blood pressure,sleep apnea.i am 1 month out.i did the sleeve.what did the doctor say was causing your pancrease attacks?the doctor needs to determine what is causing this problem or you will continue getting these attacks and they can take whatever is causing this problem out at the same time of your sleeve surgery.my surgeon talked about taking my gallbladder out but it was never determined until now that it is gallstones.take care

My galbader was removed back in 2006. The high trygliseriods and having type 2diabetes is causing my attacks. I was told to stop eating sweets and watch what I eat. I'm having a hard time with all this because good is my comfort food with depression and anxiety. When it gets to my 2 week mark in March for the liquid diet is gonna be rough for me. I'm drinking one premier protein shake a day now just to kinda get use to them.

My galbader was removed back in 2006. The high trygliseriods and having type 2diabetes is causing my attacks. I was told to stop eating sweets and watch what I eat. I'm having a hard time with all this because good is my comfort food with depression and anxiety. When it gets to my 2 week mark in March for the liquid diet is gonna be rough for me. I'm drinking one premier protein shake a day now just to kinda get use to them.
Hi Angel. I'm not sure about the trygliseriods, but I know your diabetes will be helped by the surgery. You can be strong with the sweets and over eating. I'm BiPolar and would overeat sweets because of my meds. I gave it up 30 days before my 2 week shake diet. It wasn't easy. The shake diet was rough. I couldn't use the doctor prescribed ones. I had to use the ones I ended up using after surgery. It was rough.

I can relate to all that except the pancreatitis. But can throw in fatty liver disease and fatty kidney issues... We are in hope that all this at least gets better if not fixes most of it

Back