• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

pass

MamaBearOf4

I just came back from the doctor. I have my medical clearence for the surgery. Tomorrow is my psyc eval. How many questions are on the writen part of the pysc eval. I am getting excited. It is coming closer and closer into my reach.

Even though a psych evaluation was not required when I had surgery, I did do an annual psychiatric exam because I was in a University study about bariatric surgery. I was very honest but also did not reveal some issues I had. Mostly I didn't talk about my family. But has anyone here ever failed the psych exam? I suspect that the requirement is really related more to liability and can be looked at by the insurance company if there are any malpractice suits after the surgery. Every resource I have consulted said that even if you fail the exam, that will not disqualify you from having the surgery. I also read that you can retake the test if you need to. But after reading your posts for almost a month, I would bet you will sail through their questions with no difficulty whatsoever. You'll be okay, Mama Bear.

Thanks. I have my pysc eval tomorrow. And blood work afterwards and the surgeon all in one day. I found out some bad news today with the ekg but the doctor said that the surgery is the best thing to help that.

so I did the psyc eval. Wow I was there at 7:30 this morning until 11:00 doing it. They had so many questions. It would been longer if I went somewhere else. My doctor notes and stuff helped fill alot of it out. But she said I did good. I just hope that the test is good. It really was not questions about the surgery. It was more questions about what I liked and How I felt. I got through them with no problem. Went to the surgeon after the pysc eval and weighed in 582lbs now. I got my bag with the vitamin samples and stuff and he went over the packet and asked if I had any questions. After getting done with him I went to go and get my blood work done because I was close to it anyways. They took the blood from right by my knuckle. But those are the good veins for me. But over all I got back just in time for my boys bus thank god. I have never cut it that close to their times. But I made it is what mattered.

This post was in my outbox since yesterday. I forgot to hit post so I am sending it now
===============================

MB, I gather you discovered something about your heart that needs fixing or MAY cause difficulty for you while sustaining your life under anesthesia. But I know that no reputable surgeon proceed with surgery if there were dangers that outweighed the benefit.

When I decided to have surgery there was a 1% chance of death. That's one person out of every hundred. I believe because of life experience that there were many other surgeries and office procedures that have a much higher mortality rate. And yet we do those surgeries every day. I am not at all concerned about the possibility of mortality while undergoing bariatric surgery.

A friend saw me stressing out. I've been having panic attacks for the last 3 days. I am talking major crazy panic attacks that have no source that I can trace them to. My only recourse is to take 2mg of Klonopin and then try to lay down. She actually offered a different tack. She said, "Breathe in and out three times, in through your nose, out through your mouth."

Of course I've heard that many times. It usually has some effect. But yesterday when I felt like I was standing on the edge of a cliff in a pool of slime, her little breathing exercise really helped me.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know I'm not telling you anything you don't know already. Fear is just one of the constant messages that go around in the hamster wheel of your brain. One thing that a lot of people don't recognize is that losing weight is a loss. It's a loss like losing your house, or having your car stolen, or losing your wallet. You are a stranger, unknown to everyone. The day before you were the fat girl or the person who was ashamed to go out in public.

When you reach your goal or even get close to it, and find your Mobility improves and your heart is stronger oh, then you have somebody new to put out there and introducing to people.

I suffered many losses, like the boyfriend who didn't find me sexy anymore, but nothing was worse than the beautiful clothes I had hanging in my closet that I would never be able to wear again.

Everyday, I'll be thinking of you.

Congratulations on that great weigh in. You are an inspiring person and you are focused and determined. These are traits of a great winner. I am so proud to have met you here.

Thank dianeseattle. The problem that I found out the other day was the fact that I had suffered a mini heart attack without knowing. It showed in the results of the ekg. But I was medically cleared anyway because it was old. It just gave my heart a little bit of a different bump every now and then the doctor said. She explained it to me. I never thought I would of gone through something like that. There was not heart conditions before. But I was feeling pain in my chest once before and that was when the boys was fighting real bad. But she said I was taking a step in the right direction with the surgery because I have to control the weight before anything can be fixed

Blood work already back and everything was fine besides 2. Sugar and calcium was a little higher then normal. Not a lot so surgery still on.

Back