• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

PCP Visit

KarenWV

After reading some posts in another thread, I realize how truly blessed I am to have my PCP. She scheduled an appt 2 weeks before my surgery to help me prepare mentally & physically. This included taking me off 2 of my 3 blood pressure meds after surgery, and having me take only 1/2 of my main bp med daily.

I had a follow up with her yesterday, 2 weeks aftrr surgery, to check my bp. 123/77 Woohoo! She said in the next several months she's weaning me off that last bp med!

She spent at least 15 min with me, gave me a Vit. B12 injection & told me I should be taking B12 daily. Evidently my bariatric center forgot to tell me about that.

She encouraged me so much about my progress so far. Her scale showed I'm down 20 lbs.

The best part about all of this: she had WLS 3 months ago! I mean, how does someone like me get to be this lucky? As I said, I am truly blessed to have such a knowledgeable guide on my side throughout this journey.

When I read about some of y'alls struggles with judgmental PCP s, my heart aches for you. I wish I could somehow clone mine & share her with you. Please keep searching until you find the right fit. ❤❤

I used to have the very best PCP ever. He saw me through some of the most painful times of my life when my fibromyalgia was at its absolute worst.

He was an "out of the box" thinker. He helped me, without judging me. He was by far the best doctor I've ever had and I miss him so much.

After seeing him for several years, he got excited about medication-free pain management. He worked on this with me, and the concept he was trying works really well.

He started going to seminars, and with my permission, used my case as an example. Eventually he opened up his own medication-free pain clinic.

Unfortunately for me, he was no longer practicing internal medicine and could no longer be my primary care doctor. We both cried on my last appointment.

He still uses my case as an example of dealing with pain without drugs. If I could clone him I would, because the world could use a lot more doctors like him.

Back