• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Peanut butter

I use PB fit for many things. It is a great, great flavor additive. However, mixed up as a replacement for peanut butter, say on toast .. really not ideal. It's not very creamy and it really kinda gross. So, I use all natural Jif if I decide to eat peanut butter on toast, which I love. I highly recommend PB Fit for PB flavor in chocolate pudding, oatmeal, protein shakes etc. But .. NOT ON TOAST!

I use PB fit for many things. It is a great, great flavor additive. However, mixed up as a replacement for peanut butter, say on toast .. really not ideal. It's not very creamy and it really kinda gross. So, I use all natural Jif if I decide to eat peanut butter on toast, which I love. I highly recommend PB Fit for PB flavor in chocolate pudding, oatmeal, protein shakes etc. But .. NOT ON TOAST!
I use natural jiff too

I like the old fashioned Jiff or Skippy, usually I get the one that says natural too. I quit the Smuckers Natural it is too thick and hard, and all that oil that you have to stir in.
Peanut butter makes me feel like I have actually eaten something that gives me some satisfaction (not getting it anywhere else). I love it!

I usually either buy unsalted, unsugared peanut butter or grind my own. Give it to me straight, without anything added.

However, in my previous life, Adams creamy or Trader Joes creamy were good, but sometimes I'd get in the mood for super chunky.

Processed peanut butter (with added sugar/salt and stuff to keep it from separating) used to be a major trigger for for me. I'd eat 2, 3 or 4 peanut butter sandwiches in on sitting with probably more than a 1/4 cup of peanut butter on each on, plus honey or jam. Yeah, it was a calorie and sugar disaster! lol. It doesn't seem to have that effect on me anymore, but I enjoy a bit of the plain stuff now and then.

I also use PB2 powder more than regular PB in my chia puddings and such.

Back