• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Peloton App?

SunnyD

I’ve been using the Peloton app a lot over the last year. Particularly their outdoor walk coaching, strength training, meditation, and yoga classes. I wasn’t sure if anyone else was using it since gyms closed in some states and have reduced attendance in others, but my user name is #SunnyD76, if you’d like someone to high five you during your workouts and cheer you on.

Peloton is a home fitness app that provides fitness coaching. They have fancy bikes and treadmills, but you don’t have to own their stuff to use it. I have a handful of instructors that I love who positively motivate me to get my workouts done, even if it’s 20 minutes here and 10 minutes there. On walks they help make me feel not so alone during Covid, too.

Not a sales endorsement — just a resource mention.

I’ve been using the Peloton app a lot over the last year. Particularly their outdoor walk coaching, strength training, meditation, and yoga classes. I wasn’t sure if anyone else was using it since gyms closed in some states and have reduced attendance in others, but my user name is #SunnyD76, if you’d like someone to high five you during your workouts and cheer you on.

Peloton is a home fitness app that provides fitness coaching. They have fancy bikes and treadmills, but you don’t have to own their stuff to use it. I have a handful of instructors that I love who positively motivate me to get my workouts done, even if it’s 20 minutes here and 10 minutes there. On walks they help make me feel not so alone during Covid, too.

Hello SunnyD, that is great that you use the Peloton app. I have the bike and tread and I am grateful that I have them. My wife had purchased them for her fitness journey. For a good year I would not even go near the bike which is odd because in the past I used to love going to spin classes. The biggest benefit for me with the tread and bike is that it I can take a class anytime on demand just like in the app. I have yet to use the outdoor walk or run portion yet, maybe someday though.

Hello SunnyD, that is great that you use the Peloton app. I have the bike and tread and I am grateful that I have them. My wife had purchased them for her fitness journey. For a good year I would not even go near the bike which is odd because in the past I used to love going to spin classes. The biggest benefit for me with the tread and bike is that it I can take a class anytime on demand just like in the app. I have yet to use the outdoor walk or run portion yet, maybe someday though.
Nice! We purchased a bike when we moved from somewhere HOT to somewhere cold and my spouse couldn’t ride year-round. He never was able to get into the bike that went nowhere, so I jumped on May of last year. I’m on it 2x a week usually, while the weather is nice. I like to be outside as much as possible. In the winter that weekly ride number tends to double. Hope to see you on the leaderboard!

Thanks for sharing. Will try it out.

Just to mention another resource for people....iFit also has an app. I have the NordicTrack treadmill and iFit is their platform. It's very similar to Peleton.

Back