• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

pharmaceutical Adventure

so, yesterday I had to go fill prescriptions the doctor had written for me. Even though I had called prescriptions in last week there were new ones, so I had to wait an hour. I went outside to the parking lot and sat by one of those cement enclosures with a tree in it.

is Seattle it's mandatory that you wear a mask when you go out. If you're not wearing a mask I think you can get a $1,000 fine. So I'm standing there minding my own business and I see this very skinny kid some age between 16 + 25, and when he sees me he does a beeline toward me. He had on no mask. I figured he was going to ask me for spare change or something.

When he arrived at my spot, he said "Hey you want to buy some Xanax?" I just patted my purse and said "Already got some."

of course of course I didn't have any. But you know that kid, disobeying, not wearing a mask, had probably stolen those pills out of somebody's medicine cabinet when he was visiting. I have no words about that.

One reason I had gone outside was cuz I was very upset with a pharmacist or whoever he is. I think our pharmacist is a female, but there's a male who works there occasionally who acts like he owns the joint. He was transacting with a woman in a walker. She had four cans of assorted nuts, she also wanted to buy. It was impossible not to hear their conversation. He said that he couldn't fill her prescription because he didn't have enough of her pills in stock and he advised her to go to another Bartells Down On Alki Beach. Alki Beach is a long ways away from Jefferson Square and this lady was in a walker. I listened as she tried to take that in and she was far more polite than I ever would have been. Still she didn't get her medication and maybe she needs it really bad. Plus she using a walker so it must been a real strain for her physically to get to the pharmacy.

in my in my experience, most pharmacist will offer you a partial prescription if you are out of your pills. And then when they get them back in stock, they'll phone you and let you know they have the rest of your prescription so you can get it. Some pharmacist even deliver. But he didn't offer her that option.

And it wasn't as simple as I described. The pharmacist was a real ass. He was very mean to her. And since she was being turned away she just pushed those cans of nuts forward to the pharmacist and said "I don't want them. I will head down to your other store."

that guy really got my juices going. When I was finished with my business and told I'd have to wait an hour I headed outside and on the way I saw the lady and she was with somebody who might have been her daughter. They were heading out of the store, navigating the aisles. But as it turned out the young woman ended up in line behind me to buy something. So when I finished my transaction I turned to her and I said, "That pharmacist was extremely rude to your mom." And she said yeah. A little bit later I made a complaint to a clerk because there wasn't a manager in the store or another way to make my disgust known. That woman was a senior citizen and so am I. And what he did was ageist. A lot of people think that the older you get the more likely it is you're stupid. So they treat you like dirt.

Boy, did I need a Xanax then.

Back